Our definition here at HVRC when referring to a Spiritual Malady is: the suffering and illness of the human spirit or soul as opposed to physical or material suffering.
Is My Spirit Suffering?
To get the right answers for yourself you must begin with the following:
- A willingness to learn and experience.
- An open mind.
- Complete honesty. It is possible – not at all probable – that we may fool somebody else. But we MUST be honest with ourselves, and it is a good time to start being honest with someone who has the experience living the recovered life you seek.
That satisfies the intellectual definition, but what does this spiritual suffering look like? Some glaring signs are listed below:
- Needing to escape from situations of life which one feels they cannot face.
- Covering up feelings of a maladjusted personality (including sexual maladjustment).
- Maladjusted is used referring to having difficulty coping with the demands of the social environments in which you find yourself.
- Developing from social drinking and using drugs to pathological use and dependency.
- A symptom of a major abnormal mental state.
- A need to escape from a seemingly incurable pain.
- Hopelessness and feelings of incurable pain.
- Experiencing a certain vague restlessness that comes from the friction between our biological and emotional make-up and the material demands of life we give power to. In other words, when who we are conflicts with who we think we need to be.
To better understand the problem of our Spiritual neglect and the effects of this neglect globally multiplying exponentially while funding the medical and therapeutic systems as many patients’ suffering continues as more is revealed in life, consider the 4 major parts of our being that drive us –
- Physical (body)
- Emotional (feelings)
- Intellectual (brain/thinking)
- Spiritual (Soul, Core, Center, Spirit)
Over the years many have been taught to give power to material, intellectual, and emotional growth, while our spirits have suffered. Medicating the symptoms and using tools to ease the pain of our emotions have spread exponentially blocking us from the spiritual truth of our suffering. The aforementioned suffering occurs as a direct result of a spiritual malady to which there is only a spiritual solution.
Once we concede to our innermost selves that we are suffering from a spiritual malady we have 2 solutions:
- Total surrender to and accepting belief in spiritual help.
2. Chronic suffering with all of the handicaps and penalties spiritual suffering implies. In other words – we have gone past the point where we HAD A CHOICE. All we have left is a decision to make.
WE RESOLVE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THERE IS A PROBLEM AND TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!
Consider answering for yourself HVRC’s Spiritual Fitness Questions if you would like a better idea of your spiritual fitness.